Friday, December 02, 2011

Singing and storytelling

Dearest Addie!

This past month, we celebrated your second birthday.  I just can't believe how much you have grown up.  You're not my little baby anymore, but my beautiful little girl!  Here are a few things that I just loved about you this past month:
  • Singing lots of toddler songs.  You love the sing with the stereo, especially when we are playing "your songs" such as London Bridges, Duke of York, Row Your Boat, etc.  At first, I thought these Toddler Songs CDs were awful, but listening to you sing along makes me smile and sing-a-long too!
  • Telling you stories at night.  It started with Daddy making up and telling you stories before bedtime.  You started asking for them every night from him and then me too.  "Mommy story too!"  Your Daddy and I have gotten pretty creative story tellers.
  • I love how like to help us read books.  Right now you can finish the poem in Love You Forever..."my baby you'll be!" 

    I'll love you forever
    I'll like you always
    As long as I'm living
    My baby you'll be

      No comments: