Monday, December 01, 2025

How did you get to be 6 months old already?

Dear John,
It amazes me that you have turned 6 months old. Where have the days, weeks, months gone? It seems like just yesterday that we were driving home for the hospital with a very tiny baby who wanted to enter the world 4 weeks early! I have supposed that the time has gone faster with you as a newborn because we have been also taking care your big sister Addison.

I have also been very bad about keeping up with these blog letters to you. I have tried to post the little things that you have done on facebook timeline, so hopefully someday I can go back through that and remember/jot down the specifics, but for now here are a few of the highlights that have happened since the last letter:
  • You definitely hold your head up very well now! You still wobble a bit, but you get stronger each and every day.
  • You started to roll over in both directions, but at first none of us ever saw you do it. You were pretty sneaky when you would roll over. But, we have all now seen you do this multiple times. You definitely don't like rolling over (at least yet) as much as your sister did when she was your age. I know the day will be coming when you have rolled yourself all of the way across the floor. While you may not roll, you definitely move yourself around in circles by squirming.
  • You love to smile and laugh! Your facial expressions are priceless and you can light up the world with every glance! 
  • You have started to sit at the table with us at dinner time and you also sit in your bumbo seat. We will continue to work on those sitting skills! There will be so much for you to see and do from a sitting position!

No comments: