When I read a great book and it comes to an end, often times I wish it wouldn't and just continue on. Although when one book ends a new one begins...or even when one chapter ends another one begins. That is where I am this evening as I write this post. I am at the end of my personal time off I took when Addie was born; I start back to work part time tomorrow morning. It has been almost 6 months and it has been some of the best months of my life.
In 6 months, our baby girl has grown up, as one of her books says, "She is now SO BIG!" It seems as if the time has gone by so quickly now that it is at an end, but then I know in my heart that I have had many wonderful months, days, hours and minutes that I was able to spend with her. I am so grateful for the time that I was able to take off from work and be with Addie! Thank you God for that blessing.
Today, we dedicated Addie at church. It was wonderful to have family and friends gather around us and make a commitment before the Lord to submit our baby to God's will and to raise her according to God's Word and God's ways. It seemed like a great way in which to end this chapter of our life with our daughter.
1 comment:
I know what you mean. Time speeds up drastically once you have kids!
I will be praying for you today!
Post a Comment