Tuesday, March 15, 2011

...And 1 year later...

Wow, it has almost been an entire year since I posted anything. And that was the end of the first chapter of Addie's life (me as a stay-at-home mom). I can't believe it has been almost 1 year since I started back at Sogeti working part-time (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday each week). I have worked on a project at the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System for most of the time. I am now working with the Nationwide Retirement team for a few weeks until my new project starts at Huntington National Bank. I am really looking forward to this new project! It pertains to my specialty and I expect to enjoy every minute of it!

I found this document on my laptop today that I had used to start writing Addie a letter for her to read at a much later date on her first birthday. Unfortunately, I never finished it. The paragraph that I did write though does explain much of my feelings when I wrote it and still today. Here it is:

"I can’t believe that we are approaching the 1 year mark. It seems like just yesterday when I was holding you all swaddled up in the hospital shortly after you were born. Back then, on that day, I remember singing “Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful baby girl” to you. And I didn’t even really know you yet. All I knew was that you really were a beautiful! You are not only beautiful in appearance, but we have come to know how beautiful of a heart and spirit that you have. You have been such a very good baby with a great disposition and personality. I love the little person that you have become."

Jeff & I are having so much fun with her these days. She is 16 months old now! The time sure has flown. We think she is very smart. She amazes me every day with something new that she has learned. Of course, I have documented every first in her calendar that I have scrapbooked for her. It will be so much fun someday to share it with her!!

I will try to make posting to this blog more of a reality and not wait another year!!

No comments: