Thursday, November 03, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Baby Girl!

My dear Addie,

Addie, I can't imagine life without you - you are a treasure that your daddy and I will never take for granted!! You are a joy and a delight! You are beautiful in appearance and in spirit.  I love your heart and how kind you are.  I am so blessed to have you as my daughter. The last two years have been two of the best years of my life, and you are a big reason for that.  I can't wait to spend many more years with you.

Here are a few memories that I have of you from the past year:
  • Learning how to walk and then run (everywhere!)
  • Crawling and then walking up and down the stairs (I still remember my shock when I saw you walk down the stairs like a big girl) 
  • Transitioning from nursing you to you drinking whole milk (I stopped nursing you when you were 15 months and I was pregnant with your baby brother)
  • Seeing you get excited seeing the Zoo animals (my favorite the past year was you seeing the Polar Bear jumping right in front of you - you still see your stuffed polar bear and say "jumping!"
  • Swinging on the bars at the Little Gym and many other gymnastics moments
  • Singing the "Bus Song" over and over again - this was your favorite song for days, weeks, months!!  We got pretty creative as to who was on the bus :-)
  • Your first phrases: Two Dogs and Two Ducks
  • Your BIG hugs and kisses every night before bed (every night you gave John kisses and Zoe kisses), and some times just during the day
  • Jumping and dancing on the mattress in our loft once we put John's nursery together and had to move the guest bed (I love hearing you sing "Ashes Ashes, Fall Down")
  • Counting to 5 then to 10 and finally to 20 (You LOVE to count!)
  • Counting the houses and then the trees as we drive by (this started after we turned your car seat to face forward - we think you just love to see what is coming)
  • Learning the ABC's and the alphabet song (you learned the whole alphabet and now when I try to help you with the song, you tell me "No Mommy, Addie does!")
  • Letter recognition, you know at least 10 of the letters and learn more each and every day (Dr. Niland thought it was great that you could do this at 2 years old!)
  • Talking, talking, talking (you have such a great vocabulary!)
  • Playing at the many great parks that we have close to our home in Westerville (you loved going down the slide all by yourself)
  • Helping us find out that you were going to have a baby brother
  • Sleeping in your big girl bed the first time!
  • Starting to ask for your milk warm
  • Collecting shells on the beach and jumping into the pool at Myrtle Beach
  • Loving your new baby brother and giving him his current nickname: Baby John
  • Cracking an egg and mixing up ingredients to make banana and zucchini breads 
  • Eating corn on the cob
  • Helping to pick peppers and tomatoes from our first garden
  • Feeding Zoe her dog food and other food too!
  • Dancing everywhere (you loved to turn on the swing music and pirouette)
  • The Elmo Moon dance! 
  • Picking out your own white noise before bedtime
  • Carving pumpkins for Halloween
  • Dressing up as Mickey Mouse and trick-or-treating with me and then passing out candy to the kids with Daddy
  • Naming your first two goldfish Doby and Bobby
  • Reading many books - you sure do love books and we are ever so happy about this
  • Liking Elmo and then Bert and then Oscar the Grouch
  • Loving Mickey Mouse and all his friends
  • Blowing bubbles!
  • Attempting potty training: you had some successes, but we are deciding to wait a while longer and casually training you for the next couple of months
I love the little girl that you have become and can't wait to make many more memories with you in the coming year!

I LOVE YOU!
Mommy

No comments: