I have had many of what I call "Melt my Heart Moments" with you over the past year, but the one I had last night was one of the best. John was sitting on his play mat in the office with all of us, and your mommy and I asked you to go get his blue dinosaur toy that bounced the balls inside (it's his favorite toy right now). As he sat and watched, you brought the balls in first, and then went back for the heavy part. You struggled to bring it in to him, telling us it was "too heavy". You made it, but when you tried to set it down in front of him, you smacked him right above his left eye with the toy. He fell over and instantly started to cry. As his mommy comforted him, you looked at me with the saddest little look on your face. I told you it was an accident and that he would be ok. I helped you bring him some ice to make him feel better. As we sat in the office watching the bruise start to form above his eye, you started making trips in with various pieces of the toy medical kit that you love to play with. You started by giving Baby John a shot that you said would make him feel better. Then you brought in the stethoscope that you used to listen to his boo-boo. They you brought in the blood pressure checker, put it around his leg, and then said it was "too high." Finally, you brought the piece that one would use to look inside of an ear, but you used it to look at his boo-boo. With each trip in to take care of Baby John, you melted my heart a little more each time. Thank you for being so caring. I love you.Daddy

No comments:
Post a Comment