Monday, December 01, 2025

Chasing shadows and sweet moments

Dear Addie,

This last week you learned all about shadows. We had a lot of fun the other night watching our shadows in the basement on the cinder block wall. We were jumping on the mattress (you kept saying "Mommy jump with me!") when we looked up and saw our shadows. Mine was big and yours was tiny! Then we decided to play with them. We "hid" your shadow within mine and then you jumped away from me to have yours reappear. You laughed so hard! It was very exciting to see yours disappear and then come back. I wish I would have been able to get a picture of our shadows, but you told me to put my iPhone down and keep jumping with you! LOL!

That same night after putting John to bed, I peeked in on you and you were still awake just laying on your bed nice and peaceful. I went in and knelt beside you. It was such a sweet moment...we had a very quiet conversation (whispers). I asked you who were the people that you loved most. And you listed many of our family members, smiling with many of them. And then I asked about your friends. You said that you loved Colin (Sami & James Houston's little boy who is your same age) and Payton (Shelly & Adam Fitzpatrick's little girl). These are two of your best little friends right now. Payton, Macy (her big sister), Shelly, and Adam had just been at our house for dinner two nights earlier. You even said that you loved Payton's big brother (ha! I don't think you understand the concept of a brother versus sister, since we seem to always talk to you about your brother). We then prayed for each of your friends. You wanted to pray that Colin would be a good big brother to his soon-to-be here baby brother Caleb. I loved these few sweet moments with you!

I love you to the moon and back, sweet baby girl!
A snapshot of Colin and Addie at the park: Too Cute!

No comments: