Dear Addie,
We decided to move you into a bigger bed - a twin bed! We made this decision after seeing how well you slept in that sized bed at Grandma and Pa's house when we recently had a weekend visit. Plus, your collection of "buddies" has started to take over your toddler bed to the point there are some nights that I don't know where you have room to sleep. So, this coming weekend Grandma and Pa are bringing out the twin bed frame that used to be your daddy's (I think) for us to use in your room. And we bought a new mattress for you. It was cute watching you "try out" the mattresses at the store. I think you wanted to jump on them, but we restrained you!
When we got home, we made up your new bed with the mattress cover and new twin sized sheets! I even used a new pillow for you! Last night was one of the easiest nights to get you to go to sleep (recently). You have been trying every trick in the book lately to stay up just a little bit longer!
You did sleep all night! However, you woke up at 6:00 AM yelling "Mommy, I peed on my new bed." Since we recently have potty trained you, you are very noticeable of when you pee, even though you had a diaper on still at night. A little pee did escape from the diaper and onto the new sheets. Oh well, they needed washed again anyway, right! Note to self, buy at least one more set of twin sheets :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment