Dear John,
I can't believe that we are already celebrating your first birthday. It just seems that it was hours ago that I was holding this very tiny baby in the hospital who decided to surprise us 4 weeks early. I know that I have said this probably 1,000 times, but this first year has flown by much faster than I ever expected or anticipated it to. Addie's first year seems to have taken longer; this first year with you must have just gone by quickly because we now have two little ones to take care of!
We celebrated your first birthday in John Deere style. A few weeks before your birthday, we went to "Touch a Truck" in Westerville. It was very cool that there were several John Deere tractors there, so I was able to get a picture of you on one of the tractors. This was a great photo to have for your party! You look so small on that BIG tractor!
Your cake was inspired by Pinterest. It was so much fun decorating your cake. Your daddy was laughing at me as I was decorating it, because I was just so happy how it was turning out. Here is a picture of your cake:
Just like Addie, you didn't smash into your cake. I had made the prediction that you would. Guess I was wrong. I thought that you would because you have been more adventurous and busy getting into things as you have become quite mobile. I figured that you would like to get messy. You eyed the cake as it came close to you when we were singing Happy Birthday, but as soon as you got your first touch of the icing, you quickly pulled back your hands. We gave you bites of your cake off of our fingers and a fork. You really liked it, but just wouldn't touch it.
On your birthday party day, you also walked across the living room floor with your "lion car." This was a first! We had tried a few times before, but you just cried when we stood you up behind it. It was quite exciting to see you happily walk across the room. In just the matter of a few weeks, you went from army crawling to normal crawling to pulling yourself up to standing and surfing...and now starting to walk. Can you slow down growing up, pretty please!!
Last but not least, I wanted to include the collage of laundry basket pictures. It is just awesome to see your growth from 2 weeks to 1 year! I love you baby John! I think we are going to have to drop the baby in front of your name sometime soon...what do you think?
Love You!

No comments:
Post a Comment