Dear Addie,
You had to learn a lesson tonight. We all went up to the last concert on the square in Sunbury this evening. Our church puts these on once a month during the summer and members of our church, their families, and residents of Sunbury all come out to fellowship and listen to live bands. You saw some girls that you had recently played with when they had visited us at our house and you wanted to go play with them. They are at least 4 years older than you and they were with some other girls their age. You ran over and jumped up and down probably asking to play in your sweet, small voice. But they ran off and you stayed right there. Daddy went over to get you and you were so sad. He tried to explain what happened, but I don't think you entirely understood.
Tonight as I said good night and tucked you into bed, I told you that I was sorry that the older girls didn't want to play this evening. You asked me when would you get older so that you could play with them. I told you that Daddy and I didn't want you to get older just yet because we love you just as you are. You are such a beautiful little girl and we love your sweetness, your imagination, and your kindheartedness. You fill our hearts with overflowing joy. I don't want you to grow up too fast, OK?
No comments:
Post a Comment