Hi Addie,
I had a feeling that today would be very similar to last week and I was right. You were somewhat excited to go to preschool this morning, even greeted the receptionist at the church with some jumping up and down and a smile on your face. But then the dreaded drop off. We went into your classroom and after you put your book bag in your cubby, tears started flowing. Mrs. Dristell was right there though and helped you come into the classroom. I said good bye, gave you a big hug and a kiss and it was time for me to leave. While you didn't know this, I stood out in the hallway and listened to you crying and hearing you say "Mommy!" Ugh - you pulled every heart string of mine. It broke me heart to hear you upset. I love being your best friend (you repeat that to me every day right now). But I know learning how to play with others in a school setting is best for you. I just hate that the one morning that I have with you each week, you are now gone several hours of it.
With that being said, I have been feeling a lot more lately that I should be seriously considering staying home with you and your brother. I know that this is something that is more of a "when" question not a "if" question. Work has been somewhat frustrating lately so these thoughts have been ever more in the front of my mind. I am praying to God right now to lead me and your Daddy with this decision and the timing of it. On Monday, when I was leaving for work, both you and John were standing at the door yelling that you loved me and to have a good day at work. I LOVE you!
John and I arrived a few minutes early today to pick you up from preschool. We were able to watch you play with your classmates in the gym. I was so excited to see you playing! Your teachers said that you were not excited initially in going downstairs, you warmed up and started to play with the hula hoops and balls that were out in the gymnasium. I was so proud of you! And I loved seeing your face and the "Mommys" coming out of your mouth when you saw that I was there to pick you up. You did a great job today and with each week it will get easier on the both of us!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment