Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day #2

Dear Addie,

Today was officially your second day of preschool, but the first day that you stayed at the school by yourself. We got to your classroom and waited a few minutes for your teachers to open up the doors - they were getting ready to have lots of fun with you and your new classmates! When we walked in you ran right to the dolls and noticed that one was naked. We found an outfit and I helped you get the doll dressed. You then sat her in a small high chair and started to feed the baby doll milk and eggs. It was then time for me to go and leave you there to learn, play, and have fun! I asked you for a hug and I got one of the best hugs ever! Thank you!!

Later it was time to come and pick you up. Both Daddy and I came to get you. We arrived a bit early so that we could watch you in your gym class. I was sad to see you just stand by yourself in the gym around some balls. I guess you were just overwhelmed about the large gym. Then, another little girl came over and the two of you started to play. Unfortunately a few moments later, you saw us watching you from the window above and then it was all over. We heard you say "Mommy" and "Daddy" pointing up at the window. Then instant tears. The gym teacher came over to comfort you and you then stayed right by her side the rest of the time (which was only 5-10 minutes).

When we asked you if you liked school, you said that you did but you didn't like gym. Hopefully that will get better in the coming weeks. You love running around at home both inside and outside...you love playing with balls...you love playing at the Little Gym. I am sure that you will get used to gym class in a week or two and eventually you won't want to leave.

Here is a picture of the homework we did from last week to this week. It is entitled "Addie's Favorite Things."


No comments: