Last Saturday, we went to the Westerville Golf Center and played putt-putt golf. Daddy was there volunteering for a fundraiser for the Westerville Education Foundation. This is a great annual fundraiser, and this year instead of just going to visit Daddy, we signed in and played golf.
When we first got to the place, you were so shy. Buster the talking school bus was there. And I remember how much you liked him last year. I even had to text Daddy to send you a picture of him after we had left for home. But this year, at first you were so shy...you hid slightly behind my leg. But I finally got a picture of you and him together. He even knew your name and was asking you which school you would go to. He wondered if you would ride a bus like him someday. And I said, no because you will walk to all 3 schools that you will attend.
We then made our way in to find Daddy. Once we said our hellos, off we went to start the first round of golf. I had so much fun with you, teaching you how to play putt-putt. You did a great job. I think you thought that the houses on the greens were the coolest. When you would hit the ball up in and out it would come another side and towards the hole. I was quite impressed with how well you hit the ball into the hole. At the first hole, you even saw the Otterbein mascot.
At around the 14th hole, you told me that you were done! I told you that you needed to finish. Of course, it didn't help that you now saw Buster because we were back up near the front. And you really wanted to talk to him again!! But we finished and off we went back to find Buster and to have lunch!
After lunch, we had the second round to play. I thought you would have fun with Daddy playing so I held John and let you play with him. On the 3rd hole in, you had A HOLE IN ONE! How exciting!! You were so excited that you ran back to tell Daddy and accidentally slipped down the hill on the green and skinned up your knee. Ouch! And we were done. At least we ended on a high note - your first hole in one!
And did you use this bummed up knee the rest of the day... You thought that laying on the couch would make it feel better, probably watching a Sofia the First, and a blanket would help too. You limped in and said you couldn't walk and that someone should probably carry you! Can we say drama queen!







No comments:
Post a Comment