We had your 2 year well visit today at the pediatrician's office. Because of your very recent growth in your vocabulary, we were finally able to answer affirmatively to many of the growth/milestone questions. Yeah!! But you are still a little guy. Your weight and your height are between the second and the third percentile on the charts. At 2 years old, you weigh 21 pounds and are 32 inches. When I asked Dr. Niland what 50% would be; she stated that it is around 27 pounds. This amazes me as this is just 2-3 pounds lighter than your almost 2 years older sister! We have been blessed with tiny children? I love it though, because we can still cuddle with you and carry you easily!
With all of that said, the doctor mentioned speaking with an endocrinologist recently and she said that you may meet the criteria for us to have you tested for the possible need of growth hormones. My reaction was that Addie too was this small (maybe 5th percentile until she hit 3 years of age). Is it that we just have small kids. Dr. Niland didn't seem that concerned either; however, she said she would research it some more and call us with a recommendation. Later in the afternoon, I did receive a call that they made us a consultation appointment with the endocrinologist.
We talked about it tonight and your daddy and I will go to this appointment with lots of questions and hopefully gain some more information. I think it will take a lot of convincing for us to want to have you on a growth hormone of some type. God made you perfectly in HIS image and who are we to adjust that. However, He also made doctors and medicine. We will listen and pray!
I prayed over you tonight that God would give us wisdom and guidance through this process. And also that He has you in the palm of His hand because He knew you and the plans that He has for you before He knit you together in my womb.
In looking at Addie's growth charts when she was 2, she was just 1/2 inch taller than you and proceeded to grow another 4 inches between her 2nd and 3rd birthday. Hopefully you will follow suit!
In looking at Addie's growth charts when she was 2, she was just 1/2 inch taller than you and proceeded to grow another 4 inches between her 2nd and 3rd birthday. Hopefully you will follow suit!
I write this now, because you are probably a teenager or adult now reading this and who knows maybe 6'6" tall?!?! Or you are not, but you are as happy and successful as you can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment