Friday, September 05, 2014

Your last first day of preschool

Dear Addie,

Three years and done. Today was your last first day of preschool. Next year, I will be walking you across the street to start Elementary school. But I won't start thinking about that quite yet. We have lots of fun activities to accomplish this year and lots of learning ahead of us.

On Meet the Teacher day, you had fun exploring your new classroom and learning about the stations set up. There is a reading station where you can either look at and read book or listen to stories on CD and tape. There is a writing station where you can work on printing your letters and writing letters to your friends. There is a math and science station where you can count and explore. There is a building station that has HUGE blocks for building tall towers. There is a dramatic play area which is set up like a kitchen right now. And there is always fun activities set up on the tables. Your teachers, Mrs. Porras and Mrs. Korfel are very nice too.

However, I think you were more excited to show John his classroom. Daddy took John down to his room because he needed to go to work. Mrs. Porras had a fun craft that you and I had to do. It was the Kissing Hands - remember that? I painted my hand and made a hand print and so did you on a page. You then stuck a heart in the middle of your hand. Your teacher took our picture and placed in on the corner of the page. On the first day, you came home really excited about this book. We will have to borrow it from the library to read it again since you like it so much!

When we were done with that, even though some of your girlfriends were starting to come in, you wanted to go to John's room. So, most of the rest of the morning, you played with John. I am glad that you love him so much and want to make sure that he does well at preschool. Tonight you even told me that you were still a little nervous about school and that you liked John's classroom better. I think it is because he is in the same classroom that you were in all year last year with one of you same teachers. It is just what is familiar. You will have so much fun in your new class this year and get one step closer to kindergarten with each passing day.

I love the little girl that you have grown up to be. You are very precious to me. I love you to the moon and back and always well.


 

No comments: