Well it's here. I could say finally here, but it's one if those things that I have only partially been looking forward to. The start if preschool! I can't believe it's here already, so fast! I still remember the day you were born, the day we brought you home from the hospital, your first birthday, etc. How come this days seems to be upon us before we know it. At least you have 3 years of preschool!
I know you are ready and will have do much fun growing up this year at Ourday. You have one of the same teachers that Addie had last year... So it is nice knowing her already. Of course you might be little Johnny Tubaugh to her since you were just a tiny little man when she met you at the beginning of last year.
As we completed the ASQ questionnaire tonight for all sorts of skills to see what you already do well and what are some areas that we could work more on, I recognize all of the growth you have had even in just the last few months. Most everything was marked Yes, a few Sometimes, and only a couple Not Yets.
I was even amazed tonight as we were reading a library book before bed. You started spelling the words (animal sounds) that were printed in both upper and lower case letters. You recognized all of them! Then instead of spelling Quack, you made each letter's sound. WOW! I guess the Leapfrog game on the refrigerator and the iPhone letter/alphabet games have paid off!
Tomorrow is just a meet the teacher day; so we will go with both you and Addie for your first day. Friday is the first full day of class. There are only a few things that I worry about for you:
1. Will you cry when I drop you off? If so, I know you will call down in just a few minutes because that is how we roll even at church.
2. Please remember to breathe and not hold your breath to the point of turning blue and passing out. You tend to still do this when you get rally upset or hurt.
3. You will probably get some bumps and bruises along the way. Just know that mommy will hug you and kiss them when I pick you up. Your teachers may not be able to because there are a lot of other kids too. You may have to toughen up just a bit.
4. And probably most of all...PLEASE put your pants back on after going to the potty and don't come running out in the classroom with your pants in your hands asking for help. We have worked hard to perfect this, but you still do this occasionally. I also hope that you don't fall into the potty. You are quite tiny and will have to quickly learn the art of of holding on.
I think that is all. I really am quite excited for you to start school. It will be fun watching you grow. Just slow down a bit. Will you?
Here are a few pictures of Meet the Teacher day:



No comments:
Post a Comment