Well we are in the middle of the second week of preschool, and you have decided that you don't like it. Monday morning and this morning as soon as we started to get you ready at home, you started screaming. This morning you got yourself so worked up! Buddy, we love you and know that you will have fun with your friends and teachers once you are there.
Dropping you off was especially difficult. Crying, screaming. I finally just had to leave. Mrs. Pappas held you as I stood out in the hallway out of sight. I didn't want you to see me again. Cassandra came to drop off Madelyn. She said you were calming down.
Now, I am waiting in the parking lot to pick you up. I am excited to see and hear what you did today. I hope you had a great day!
......
Well, apparently you just had an off day today. Let's hope it gets better soon! However, Mr. Dodds saw you as we were leaving and he said you had a great day! You even showed me how he taught you yo stretch. That's good buddy!
My daddy used to tell me baby steps is what it takes. Believe it or not your mommy had a tough time starting each year of school. It was something new to get used to. But then each year I excelled it the classes. Baby steps...one small step each and every day gets you there. Maybe gym class can be your baby step!
I know you have a tough time at drop off, but I know that you are taking it all in and learning. You have started to sing all of the preschool songs with Addie, such as the flag song and slippery fish. And you are excited about your crafts that you have brought home! Let's just keep taking baby steps, ok?

No comments:
Post a Comment