Saturday, November 15, 2014

Push button? Pixie dust! &Praying

Dear John,

You have been so much fun the last couple of months. The age that you are right now is definitely one of my favorites. Your attitude, behavior, and personality are shining lights in our home. You put a smile on my face every single day and warm my heart. Here are just a few of my favorite memories of you at this time:

I love how you like to make my coffee! Most days I just wait until you are up to make it, because you like to help so much. It started as just wanting to push the button. But now, you help so much more. I sit you on the counter-top so that you can put the new coffee pod in the coffee machine, push open the top so that I can pour the water in, and then you wait until the light turns green. Push button! And then you like to watch the coffee fill the cup.

Pixie dust away! Every morning you bring Jake and Skully downstairs with you from bed. But you don't want them to possibly get dirty as you eat breakfast. So, we get out the "pixie dust" and sprinkle a bit on their heads so that they can fly into the living room.

Dinosaur oatmeal has become a staple for breakfast. You like to see the dinosaurs appear as we mix up the warm oatmeal. Now, you even like to push the buttons on the microwave to warm it up. 4 - 0 - START! At one of Addie's recent play dates, I noticed that you were playing with the toy kitchen and putting food items into the microwave pressing the same numbers each time. You must believe that everything takes just 40 seconds to warm up. Love it!

Each night after we have rocked and read some books, we place you into your bed. You make sure that your head goes on Uniqua and Jake's on Pablo (backyardigans pillow case). Then, you say "Pray Over Me!" As I lean down to say a prayer, you wrap your arm around mine and snuggle in close. This has become such a special time and I love that you ask for us to pray over you each and every night.

To end this post, I have to mention my favorite thing. Often times you just come up to me and wrap your arms around and say "I love you mommy!" John, I love you SO MUCH and always will.


No comments: