Dear John,
Today was finally the big day. Daddy dropped you off at the door for preschool! This is such a huge accomplishment. It had snowed last night and we all woke up to several inches of snow on everything outside and it was also very very cold! Daddy talked to you about drop off and how it works. He said that if he dropped you off at the door, none of you would have to walk through the sloppy snow on the parking lot and it would also not snow on your head. You seemed to be somewhat interested in this. When I left for work though, it was probably a 50/50 shot that you would be dropped off. So, the rest of the story will be told by Daddy...
As we drove to preschool, we kept talking about me dropping you off at the door. You seemed to be ok with the idea as the school came into sight. When we got in line for drop off, you seemed excited about it. We made it special by allowing you to sit in the front seat as we drove slowly toward the drop-off spot. When it was our turn, the teacher opened the door to get you. I told her it was your first drop-off, and she called for the teacher at the bottom of the stairs to come up and help you down. Addie jumped out to catch up to you to help you get to class. She later told us that she helped you get your backpack and lunch in your cubby and then she walked you to class. As I drove away slowly, all I saw was my little man holding the teacher's hand and walking into the building. I drove home a little watery-eyed because I was so proud of you.
When I got to work, I had a message from Daddy that he successfully dropped you off! I was also so excited for you. I texted Mrs. Flora and Mrs. Pappas to check on how you were when you came into the classroom. I almost immediately got a text back from both of them saying that you had a big smile on your face!
We are both so proud, but also just a bit sad. Today was a milestone in your development. You have grown up just a bit more today.



No comments:
Post a Comment