Sunday, January 11, 2015

Starting to read!

Dear Addie,

You read your first book tonight! It was John's Gary Lizard book New Baby. We are so proud of you!

We have been working on letter sounds and simple words the past few weeks and one sentence at a time we finished this first reader book.


Hopefully this success will lead to some more effort at working on your very own reading skills! You are such a smart little girl and we want you to be successful at this adventure. Reading is great!

Little Lizard's New Baby
by Melinda Melton Crow

This is Dad Lizard.
This is Mom Lizard.
This is Gary Lizard.

Gary is going to be a big brother.

Gary is happy.

"I will show him how to run," said Gary.

"Good," said Dad.

"I will show him how to jump," said Gary.

"Good," said Mom.

"I will show him how to ride a bike," said Gary.

"Good," said Dad.

"I will show him how to swim," said Gary.

"Good," said Mom.

"I will be good to my new brother," said Gary.

"No. You will be good to your new sister," said Mom.

"A new sister? Hooray!" said Gary.






No comments: