Thursday, March 31, 2016

The turning point calendar

Dear John,

One day turned into two days, two days turned into five days. Then two weeks, three weeks and now a full month. I'm so proud of you John! I can't believe that we finally gotten to the point that school drop-offs have turned into happy goodbyes. It all started in February when we had a deal that if you had 15 good drop offs in that month, you would earn a Fly Guy book. We almost made it to this goal in February but we had to use three days at the beginning of March before you got that book. You were so proud of yourself when you earned it. And now there is just one last day of school in March, and I'm looking at the calendar we made that we've marked every good drop off with a "Way to Go" sticker. There's only one day left you made it a full month of no tears. 

There's one more big change that started last week. The change is that you are now waiting at the window of the door rather than the window looking out to the parking lot. When Mrs. Dolan suggested this to me last week I almost wanted to just say let's finish out this month before trying something new because we are on a roll towards our goal. I really wanted you to have your full month of good drop off's. I doubted your ability but you proved me wrong. Drop off's at the door have gone well also. I waved at you on the other side of the door. I smile at you and I have even done a few Peek-a-boo's. I blow you a kiss and you put it in your pocket for safekeeping throughout the day.


So now that we have a full month of drop-offs, what's our next goal to tackle? Will it be no thank you bites? That's another thing I'm proud of you for. You have been trying new bites of foods that you typically have not had at school. Every other day in an A-B pattern as you recall it.

Yeah!

No comments: