Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mommy, pray for me!

Dear Addie,

Yesterday you hurt your foot at the mall, specifically at the Disney Story. You accidentally had a run in with the cart at the store as one of the workers was moving a table from the front of the store to the back. I hated that you got hurt in one of your favorite stores. Of course, I then had to hold you through most of the store. But, you know what, I don't mind! I love that I can provide you comfort when you get hurt and I LOVE holding you...at least you are still very light and easy to life up and steer a stroller with your little brother in it!

The special moment came later in the day. When you plopped yourself on the couch next to me, looked up at me and said, "Mommy, can you pray for my boo boo?" Ahhh! I laid my hand on your foot and prayed that Jesus would heal your cut and make your foot feel better and stop hurting. It is in the small moments like this that I know that the stories, the praying, the singing, the mornings in Sunday school are all sinking in! I pray that you draw close to Jesus and get to know Him as you grow up! I pray special blessings all over you, my sweet baby girl!

No comments: