Friday, September 14, 2012

First day of preschool

Dear Addie,

Today is your very first day of preschool. We get to stay with you today since it is more of an open house day where you get to interact with your new teachers, meet your new classmates, check out your classroom, and even create a new craft. But next week, you will be all on your own. It is hard to think that three years have just gone by so quickly. I remember so vividly holding you in my arms on your very first day of life singing a made up song to you expressing how beautiful you were to me! And you still are! My beautiful baby girl! I saw this prayer on Facebook that I wanted to share with you:

A Mother's 1st Day of School Prayer
I wonder what you're doing now,
And if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
A nice friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give me leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow
On this day know that my heart breaks
For this is the first step in letting you go.

So much in that prayer speaks so loud and clearly to me. I think I will be reciting this next week to when I watch you walk into your classroom and actually leave you there for the morning!

Today was so much fun! After I had to wake you up, sleepy head, we had fun getting ready to leave for school! Of course, we took a series of pictures on the front porch and then loaded up in the van. Your teachers welcomed you into your classroom and off you went. You started coloring the apple craft right away and then continued on exploring the room. You even played with two other girls who will be in your class - Savannah and Emily ! Maybe they will be your friends! I think John had fun too, playing with the kitchen and laundry room stuff. What a fun first day!!

No comments: