Thursday, November 29, 2012

An interview with a three year old

Dear Addie,

It has been a year since we first asked you very similar questions to the ones below. I think it is great fun to see how you answer these questions each year, see any changes in your answers, etc. We plan to continue to do this every year to see how things change. Here is our interview with you, my just-turned-three year old. We also captured this interview session on video and will soon be posting the video on You Tube! That is on a growing list of Daddy tasks for our home, as he is the one who takes care of the videos! I think it will be fun to also remember the way in which you answered the question versus just reading your responses.

Interview Questions
1. What is your name? Addie
2. How old are you? 3
3. What is your mom’s name? Mommy
4. What does your mom do during the day? Go to work at Huntington (I remember the first day that the word Huntington came out of your mouth...I was so surprised and I thought it was cute that you knew the place that I work)
5. What is your dad’s name? Daddy
6. What does your dad do during the day? I don't know
7. What is your favorite color? Pink and purple and red
8. What is your favorite thing to eat? (what don’t you like to eat?) lollipops and yogurt (chicken)...(I love the way that you say yogurt right now. You seem to ask before every meal if you had any yogurt that day yet. The funniest time is when you ask right when you wake up! And you actually love chicken, it is the only meat that you eat regularly so I am not sure where that response came from!)
9. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes at Bob Evans
10. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? (No answer)
11. What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? (No answer)
12. What is your favorite snack? Blueberry cookies or goldfish
13. Who are your friends? Payton, just girls! (When I asked you about your friends in the playgroup such as Colin, Finn, Canon and Quinn - you still said that you mostly liked playing with girls, but that they were pretty fun too. Same was true with your new preschool friends - it was cute the day you came home from preschool and told me that you had to hold a boy's hand for ring-a-round a rosie though! And what about Nick! You play with him every week at Julie's house and from what I understand it is non-stop laughter!)
14. Who is your best friend? Mommy or Daddy (It depends on the day!)
15. What is your favorite song? Part of That World
16. What is your favorite book? The big Princess Story Book (I think we have read every story in this book 50 times if not more)
17. What is your favorite toy? My princess dolls or the Leap Pad
18. What is your favorite t.v. show? Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Although I think the new show Princess Sofia will make a dent in this in the coming months - you loved the pilot show and have asked to watch it again over the mouse! Watch out Mickey!)
19. What is your favorite game? Candyland, Ice, iPad (You often ask, "have I played any games today?")
20. What is your brother's name? John
21. What does brother like to do? (No answer yet)
22. What is your favorite place to go? (No answer yet)
23. What is your favorite thing to do? (No answer yet)
24. What is your favorite thing to do outside? (No answer yet)
25. What do you like about your Mommy? (Daddy, brother, etc.) (No answer yet)
26. What do you want to be when you grow up? A princess! (Duh! As if I had to ask)

Love you sweetheart! And I can't believe you are THREE!

(here are links to the video recording of your interview: Interview Part 1 and Interview Part 2)

Mommy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

cute. I'll have to do this with Finn