Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Only 4 more times left...

Dear John,

I am sitting with you in your room right now rocking you and nursing you before you go to bed. We are nearing the end of these special times. Your daddy and I are leaving for a vacation on Wednesday morning and that means that Tuesday night will be the last time I nurse you. It is very bittersweet for me. I love having you this close to me! I love the special bond that we have formed! I love knowing that I was able to provide you the best nourishment for so many months. Plus, you look so sweet nestled into me, with your little hand usually grabbing my shirt collar or a strap. Four more times, that's it...that makes me sad! I can't believe you have gotten this old! The time really did fly by!!

I think back to when I stopped nursing your sister...I don't remember feeling the same way. However, I also knew that I would be nursing another baby very soon since I was pregnant with you! This time I don't know if I will ever have this opportunity again. You might be the very last baby in this family.

Of course, what I won't miss are the times that you start nibbling and bite me! Yes, if you are reading this when you are older, you liked to bite! No amount of saying No! and tapping you on nose ever stopped this. You are a bit sly about this too, you get this little smile on your face. I actually think you know what you are doing, you silly boy!

But for now, I will hold you tight and count these last few precious moments and treasure these days!

No comments: