Friday, January 04, 2013

The end of 2012...

Dear Addie and John,

This is my first post that I have written to the both of you. But at the end of the year, I figured it may be appropriate to recap the year.

We had a great 2012! Here are a few of my memories of you:

Addie switching to love all things princess rather than Mickey Mouse...you still like the mouse and the clubhouse, but Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, and Rapunzel will always be your first choice.

Celebrating John's first birthday to a John Deere theme. You didn't smash the cake, just like your sister.

John starting to walk! It took a while, but I think a lot of it had to do with it was that you were a great crawler and could get to where you wanted quickly. Why walk?

Addie learning so many new songs and loving to sing and perform all of them. I love that your current favorite is Mr. Michael's song "I was Glad".

John eating sandwiches. This was one of your first foods. We could put just about anything between a slices of bread, and you would eat it. Wow, and to think we started the year introducing you to baby cereal.

Addie starting preschool. It took a few times before you would go into your classroom without any tears. But you like it now! You like your teachers Mrs. Distill and Mrs. Mascari. You even learned one of your favorite songs at school - Slippery Fish to which we now make up many of our own verses!

John learning sign language. You used the signs for more and all done quite often at meal times. And always in the right context. We will need to work on more in the coming weeks, perhaps please and thank you!

Addie's growing imagination! Sweetheart, you love to pretend while playing with your dolls and princesses, often times acting out the princess stories.

Addie excelling in her Little Gym classes and starting a combination dancing and gymnastics class. Addie, I hope I get to share dance with you as you grow up!

Addie being potty trained. You are such a big girl and did such a great job being trained. I can't believe you have grown up so much and now it seems like forever ago that you were trained, but it was just in April.

Addie dancing with Ernie at Sesame Place on our very fun family vacation. The fact that we watched the parade three times, too! We all had so much fun!

There are probably so many more memories that I am forgetting and not recording here. One thing that I am glad that we will always have are the countless photographs and videos that we have of the both of you. We'll spend many days I am sure watching and looking at all of them.

I look forward to all of the memories that we will make in 2013!


No comments: