Monday, April 15, 2013

All by herself!

Dear Addie,

Finally! I have always heard that the third time is the charm. Well, that cliche was true for your independent Little Gym class! I have tried two other times to get you to want to go into the "big kid" class, the one that is actually for your age. You seemed to be getting to be the older girl in the parent-child class. Every time before, you just would look at me with big sad puppy dog eyes and not want to do anything in the class. Even this morning, I was somewhat scared that this trial class would be a bust. You said that you didn't want to go. I convinced you though that you should try doing big girl things. I explained that you had to start being a big girl to do big girl things like go meet the princesses someday. That got a little bit excited and by the time we got to the class you were excited and willing to try, especially if I stood in the corner of the room.

Trying on your new ballet shoes and holding a tap shoe!

All ready to perform some new dance moves! Pay attention to the teacher...

The first part of your new class was ballet/creative movement. You borrowed a very cute pair of ballet shoes and you were excited to put on these new shoes. This part of the class was very similar to what you have done before and after you warmed up a bit, you joined right in with very little assistance from me. At one point, you asked me if one of your little princesses could watch and I left the room to go get one of them. I watched you on the television for a few minutes before coming back and was even more excited to see you following the teacher and dancing without me in the room. I even commented to Miss. Meghan that you were doing such a great job. She was even very happy for you too! Then, you got to do some creative movement - you swam like a fish and you roared like a lion! Next, came a new part for you. It was tap! Guess what, tap was my favorite dance growing up. You were just too cute with tap shoes on making lots of noise on the floor. The last part was gymnastics! You went into the big room ALL.BY.YOURSELF!! First, you were able to jump on the airtrack. Then, it was two routines. I think all in all, it was a great success! I think I was tired after all of this...I had to watch you and give you the thumbs up all the while I was trying to keep John from climbing up onto chairs and tables...

Here is a video of various moments from your class!
http://youtu.be/T9UNjhJGIBM

No comments: