Dear Addie and John,
I love the story that I am about ready to tell. On Valentine's Day, Addie made heart-shaped cookies with Nick at Julie's house (see pictures below of the baking process). Julie packaged up two cookies for us to bring home for an after-dinner treat.
After dinner, we got out the cookies. I gave half of one to John and he gobbled it up. Addie was slow to eat hers; she was too busy with everything else! Jeff brought me home an iced Cheryl's heart cookie and I started to eat it. John saw this and he must have thought that it looked good. He came over to me and wanted to be lifted up. So, I lifted him up. He tried to pry open my mouth to get his little fist into my mouth to retrieve a piece of that yummy cookie. Addie saw all of this and so sweetly said, "John can have a bite of my cookie if he wants." She came down to the floor and held out her cookie so that John could come over and take a bite. I tried to hold her hand and a part of the cookie so that he wouldn't break it or eat too much! Well, he came over and took a bite, but in the process the cookie broke! Tears started to flow from Addie's eyes. It took me a while to calm her down. After I did, she came over to John and gave him a hug and said "John, I'm sorry that you broke my cookie and that I cried." So sweet. I love my compassionate little girl!
Love,
Mommy





No comments:
Post a Comment