Monday, December 01, 2025

I only like girls...

Dear Addie,

Tonight you only liked girls. That is what you repeated over and over as we were tucking you into bed. Because of this you would only give me a goodnight kiss, and not daddy. Daddy was very sad. When I asked you whether you liked John, you said that well, sometimes you liked boys just not tonight. So, I suppose I am happy that I am a girl and got that extra special goodnight kiss tonight!

Now, I also wonder many years from now, what you will say when you read this. First and most of all, I just pray that you like both me and your daddy when you are a tween and a teenager. I promise you that we will try to always be the best loving parents that we can be.

But for now, I like girls too! And I LOVE you! And so does your daddy!

No comments: