The second morning on the beach brought some more fun sand time. Addie, we built a big sand fort with many towers. I had fun building it with you! John, you became a bit more rave and actually ventured out from under the tent, walking on the sand. You weren't that stable yet though, always holding onto something. You did walk between daddy and me though, lunging toward me near the last step. Each day is a bit more promise. Today was hotter down by the beach though, and I think the both of you were getting cranky and hot! Addie, you kept wanting to go home... So, we came up to wash your hands, feet and face off (all of which were covered in sand). While we were doing that, I asked if you wanted to go into the pool. And you did. We went in for a bit, but then got out to go help daddy and John bring stuff up from the beach. After that, we went back to the pool.
Addie, you are starting to be a little fish. You are swimming well, just not yet comfortable putting you face under water...who knows maybe by the end of the week? You are very interested in the slightly older girls diving into the water and swimming. We sang songs and played for quite a while in the water. Your favorite: "Alligator Alligator stand so tall. Alligator Alligator jump off the wall." Of course, I couldn't remember the words down by the pool - so we altered them to be "Alligator Alligator chomp chomp chomp, Alligator Alligator jump off the wall." Close! By the umpteenth time, you were jumping in without holding my hands and I would catch you! SO.MUCH.FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment