Being on the beach, we saw several families flying kites. We also saw several Kitty Hawk Kites stores while driving to and fro. We had tried flying a $3 kite at home in the large yard by the middle school across the street from our home. That kite was a bit hard to fly. We decided that it would be well worth our investment to purchase a quality kite for you to fly both here and at home.
On Monday evening, we decided to drive up the coast to visit the Corolla lighthouse. It was fun walking around the paths and looking up at the very tall "tower." Do you think this is where Pete Dragon lived by? I was able to take a few very cute pictures of you and John! I loved watching you both hold hands walking around the path and sitting on a bench.
| I LOVE THIS PICTURE - TOO CUTE! |
A few nights later, we decided it was time to try flying your kite. It was very windy as a rainstorm was coming in. We all went down to the beach to fly your kite. Here are some pictures that I took of your first time flying your new Ariel kite on the beach with Daddy.
After Daddy and you were done flying your new kite, I wanted to try it out for a few minutes. I was able to quickly get the kite up in the air, but then the thunderstorm came in very quickly. Check out this picture below! I should have tied a key to the string, who knows? We went in fairly quickly after this and the rain started pouring and we were able to watch a crazy lightening show from our balcony!
No comments:
Post a Comment