Dear John,
 |
| A sick John can still smile! |
One would think that a letter written from the beach with this title would be in relation to the temperature outside. But nope, this letter is in fact referencing your body temperature. You have had quite the fever for the past 2 days. Sometimes, almost too hot to touch. We finally went today and bought a thermometer so that we could measure your temperature. When Daddy and Addie came back from the store, I actually had you in a nice cool bath after giving you a dose of acetaminophen. Even after that, your temperature was 100.7. I guess that your temperature was at least 103 a few times the past two days. Daddy and I have been sleeping with you, taking turns. Last night, before bed, I took you down for a 9:00 pm swim in the pool - at least a nice convenience right now to have a pool in our backyard! The whole time, you said "Ma ma ma ma ma ... " over and over. You love mommy when you don't feel well. Here's hoping you beat this fever and cough soon!
Just to note, the weather was very hot today. The heat index was over 100. John, you stayed inside with daddy all day trying to sleep off your fever. Addie swam in the pool with me for over an hour in the morning, then we were all inside for the hot afternoon taking naps!
Extra love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment