Dear John,
Well from the title of this post, you may think that it is the sound of an animal. But no it is not the sheep. This is what you call books! And boy do you love books. We now have stacks sitting on your bedside table, in the drawer, on the bookshelf and even on the floor. Your favorite books right now are all of the Sandra Boynton books. Addie loves these too. I am glad we have a rather large collection of the little Pookie books. I believe that your daddy and I read you the same books several times a day.
Just a few minutes ago you woke up from your afternoon nap. I went up to get you, and you pointed to the rocking chair and said ba ba ba. So we read. You like to read the short board books, get down from my lap and find another one. Climb back into my lap and repeat the process. Just now you flipped through the books and picked up "Splat the Cat Sings Flat" and said "la la la" and then the "Dance Little Pookie" book and did a little dance. Do you remember these stories enough to act them out? I was very impressed!
I am glad that you love to be read to!
You also have started to "pretend" to read to yourself. This is how I found you the other morning while I was making your breakfast! Reading "The Going to Bed Book".
No comments:
Post a Comment