Monday, July 08, 2013

He speaks!

Dear John,

It seems to have taken quite a few months, but you have finally begun to say lots of words! We tried not to compare, but Addie was speaking in sentences by this age. We would say that it was because she was a girl, she was our first, etc. etc. etc. You have been so smart and understanding of everything we say to you. Here are some of your words:

  • Ma Ma
  • Da Da
  • Daddy (You have already transitioned to Daddy! I love it! I can't wait until you say Mommy)
  • Bye bye (You wave too when you say this!) You tell us bye bye when you leave a room, when we leave a room, when we lay you down in your crib for a nap or at night. 
  • Pa
  • Pa Pa (We have made this one mean Grandpa since you aren't saying that word yet)
  • Adda or now Addie
  • Ba Ba (This is a ball! You have two very favorite Sandra Boynton books where there is a picture of a ball on several of the pages...you yell is word out every time you see the pictures)
  • Woof (Any reference to a dog, most often Zoe)
  • Emma 
  • Bubba 
  • Bubble
  • Wa Wa (Water, whenever you are thirsty we hear this)
  • DipDi (Dip, yo sure do love to dip almost every kind of food!)
I am sure there are more, but these are just the ones that I can readily remember. 


No comments: