Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What? No training wheels...

Dear Addie,

Last night we had one of our first big girl moments in our household. Riding a bike without training wheels! Oh my! For the last couple of months, you have taken a liking to riding the Roll balance bike that has no pedals. Each time, you were able to balance it better and better to the point that both Daddy and I felt that you would probably be ready to try your bike without training wheels. A few weeks ago, Daddy raised the training wheels up to the highest level on your bike and while you felt it was very wobbly, you once again mastered riding without actually using them. So, last night we took one last loop around our house with training wheels and then took them off! With John and Daddy sitting in the driveway ready to cheer you on, you on your bike and me running beside you took off. After a few steps to help you balance and start pedaling, I let go! My arms out to the sides and you rode off...with me running beside you! WOW! You rode from Mark & Sabrina's driveway past ours all.by.yourself! I came along side you and helped you to slow down and stop. And we did that again and again! You were excited! We were excited! John even ran up and down the sidewalk beside you several times cheering for you the whole way.



Question for you...could you possibly slow down growing up??? First, you have been doing such a good job with your "learning to read" book lately reading short stories, now riding a big girl bike and in a few weeks starting Kindergarten. EEEE GADS!

The only bad think that happened last night was on your last ride before going inside, as I was trying to help you slow down and stop, something happened - I still haven't quite figured it out - but we were both falling onto the ground. You ended up being just fine, not even a bump or a scrap (...and were back on your bike again tonight thankfully). Me on the other hand, well I think I broke my pinky toe :-( It is all bruised and really hurts. I scraped my arms and pinky finger too. I guess that was the mom in me throwing myself down first to soften your fall. Guess I was successful at that, right?

Needless to say, WE ARE SO PROUD of the big girl that you have become!

Love you to pieces!
Mommy

No comments: