Dear John,
I hope you know that my heart breaks each day that I drop you off and you are sad. I have to constantly remind myself of the fun that you have each day once you get into the swing. This first week, you have learned so much and even made some new friends. And you LOVE your teacher Ms. Jones!!
Monday morning was the first day of school and Daddy and I brought both you and your sister to school on that special morning. There were a few tears but what I would have considered a fairly successful drop-off. But Tuesday morning was awful! You were crying so much that you ended up getting yourself sick. The school called me as I was pulling into the parking lot at work. We decided that you should stay and ended up having a wonderful day. Wednesday was somewhat the same, but you didn't get sick - did it help that you waved to me as I was getting back in the van from your classroom window? And when I picked you up, your teachers said that you had a wonderful day and showed your true personality! You were even the special student that shared your first book with the class - Kissing Hand! Once again Thursday was bad. When Daddy picked you up, he was told that you had gotten sick again and even had an accident right after nap time (Stuff happens, right?) On Friday, Daddy taught you an "I love school" song and dance and he thought that you would be good. But crying started again. I don't think it helps that the last two days this week, your sister has been sad to be dropped off at Kindergarten too. All you need to know and remember is that we love you and we are there for you. You have so much fun and in the past you have told me the worst part is when we drop you off.
I am sure that we will rock Pre-Kindergarten 1 and I love seeing what you do and learn each day! Drop off will get better, just as it did last year!
![]() |
| First day of Pre-K 1 |
![]() |
| Outside the new school |
![]() |
| Ms. Jones and John |



No comments:
Post a Comment