Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It's all about the red nose

Dear Addie,

Today was the best drop off for Kindergarten that we have had😀! And I have to credit it to a funny red nose. Your daddy had given us a red nose from a recent fundraising event he had gone to. I just happened to have it in my car and put it on as I turned my head towards you. Laughter filled the van! And you jumped out and wanted me to show your teachers and friends. When we entered your room, you were all smiles. One of your new friends was standing right there and I once again put on the red nose. Everyone laughed. I also handed you your special candy bracelet you wanted last night, just a small bribe for you to not cry. Hopefully you put it in your backpack as I asked. 

As the backstory to this post, since Thursday of the first week of school you cried on the way to school and at drop off. Yesterday was the worst as you were stubbornly not going to walk into your classroom. I had to pry your arms and legs off of me. Just know that my heart was breaking the whole time you were sad and even as I thought about you during the day. I just have to be the strong, happy mommy in front of you to build you up! Easier said than done.



No comments: